Follow me on Amara Recipes- Facebook

Friday, November 4, 2016

Guava Parcels

I love guava and when I saw these pretty pinkish guavas in the market, I couldn't resist myself. My daughter likes them but my son is not a big fan of them. So, I tried to make these parcels so he would at least try them out. He ate one and he was " I love these mom, how many more do you have for me!! can you make these more often..." It was a surprise for me as he stays a little far from fruits. So, here is a quick and delicious treat for the kids. This dish is going to blogging marathon #70 under kids delight.

Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time : 15 minutes
Serves : 2

Ingredients:

Guava : 3 large cut into pieces (Ripe)
Sugar : 1 tablespoon
Cream cheese : 1/2cup
Spring roll sheets : 8
Cooking thread : To tie the parcels

Method:

Take the guava pieces and sugar in a pan and cook till they turn mushy. Let them cool off for 5 minutes.
Take 2 spring roll sheets, put 2 teaspoons of cream cheese and a table spoon of guava paste. Now, just pull the edges on the top to look like a parcel and tie it with the cooking thread.
Repeat the process for the rest of the three parcels.
Heat oil for deep frying and fry the parcels for 2 minutes each or until they turn golden on all sides. Take them out and drain them on a paper towel.
Serve immediately.

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM#70








9 comments:

  1. Good that your son is a guava convert now :-). The parcels look super cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, very interesting and delicious looking parcels with guava.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These parcels are so cute and the filling sounds so yum..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow the parcels looks so nice. Seeing your red ripe guava now I am raving for some.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Guavas with that alluring red color look so tempting especially the pic with sugar sprinkled on them. Guava parcels are cute too:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the lovely comments 😊

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have yet to try guava in cooking..the parcels sound interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this parcels are seriously fabulous Amara, well done.

    ReplyDelete